December 18, 2012

the reality of me

I've been blogging for about 7 months now. At first, I felt good if I could write 4 or 5 posts a month...and I always felt really good if I could write more than that!

In my opinion though, blogging is much more than writing as many posts as you possibly can, it's more about the experience - and the people I've "met" through it - this has blessed me so MUCH.

Once or twice, I've thought of giving up this space - but I don't think that's what I'm supposed to do just yet.  So I will continue to "work at it" during the times when I just want to hibernate and not talk to anyone...

This blog is still my little lifeline to my family of online sisters...and I'm so thankful there are a few of you out there who view me in the same way.


With that being said, and to my surprise, a new reader and follower, the ever-so-marvelous Carolyn Hughes, The Hurt Healer, has showered me with a token of affection.

It is with great pleasure that I accept The Reality Blog Award: Real. Energizing. Amazing. Lovely. Inspiring. Touching. Yippee!


Here are the guidelines in accepting the award:
  1. Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
  2. Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back to them.
  3. Answer the 5 questions presented.
  4. Nominate up to 20 blogs for the award and notify them on their blogs.
  5. Copy and paste the award on your blog somewhere.
 Here's the list of 5 questions:
  1. If you could change one thing what would you change? If I could change one thing about everyone in this world, including myself, it would be to Be Yourself. Look into your heart for who is there. Feel it in your bones who you are. Let your mind remind you of what thoughts and dreams still rest within your very being. One of my favorite sayings is "You are the only person you will spend your whole life with".  You are the only person who knows you and what you need now.
  2. If you could repeat an age, what would it be? Funny, my little "Taste Tester" asks me this question all the time.  I always answer it the same way: "I am happy with my age. I have lived each age before this and I will live each age after this".  I have no regrets and I would not want to repeat or change anything
  3. What one thing really scares you? No fears. I used to have a great fear of fire. My family has been through a few fires over the years. I used to have dreams about being in fires. Oddly, I was never scared and I never got burned.  
  4. What is one dream you have not completed, and do you think you’ll be able to complete it?  As a mother, I watch my dream come true everyday. I dream and wish for a happy, healthy, loving, caring child with a warm and gentle soul - and so far, in my eyes, that's what he is..fully, completely. My dream is my reality.
  5. If you could be someone else for one day, who would it be? I am content being myself. I would not trade places with anyone, even for a single day. I think I would miss myself too much.
I would like to nominate the following bloggers for the Reality Blog Award:

Jessie Loves To Run
My Recovery Diary
Cauldrons and Cupcakes
Strength in Freedom
The Misadventures of a Darwinian Fail

You are all winners! Thank you all for providing me with inspiration every day!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you SO MUCH for nominating me. And thank you for your words, they have given me inexplicable strength :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...as your words have done the same for me! Thank you! And You're welcome! Xx

      Delete