December 17, 2012

marvelous in my monday + christmas (books, trees, gifts + cards)

Happy Monday me lovelies! I trust you're all feeling marvelous today (and everyday for that matter) #beyourself #loveyourself

It's been a little while since I've written a MIMM post and I must admit I miss my mimm's. It's time for a link-up party with the marvelous miss mimm Katie, The Healthy Diva.
Thanks for always being the perfect party hostess Katie!
Here are a few things that I'm feeling marvelous about today:

Marvelous Magical Movie - on Friday, my little "Taste Tester" and I went on an adventure together to see The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey in 3D.
Naturally drawn to such stories like The Hobbit and its sequel The Lord of the Rings, we love the adventure, the strange worlds, the facing of great odds, and the sweetness of victory. Tales like these enchant us because they are larger than life and they allow us to easily escape from our everyday existence.

Marvelous Meal - after the (almost) 3 hour movie, I ordered Greek food for the two of us.
Chicken souvlaki, Greek potatoes, Rice, Greek Salad & Tzatziki
I made wraps. Plenty of food for the both of us.
Marvelous Health Food Store Score:
Sunflower Sprouts, Seaweed snack, Goji/Cacao/Chia/Maca snack,
Vanilla Cacao Buckwheat snack bites, Coconut flour,
Coconut Jam, E3 Live, Hemp Hearts, Lentil Coucous Salad, Sweet Potato buckwheat pasta,
and a Vega Endurance bar,
all for Less than $50.00
SCORE!
Marvelous Mood - not sure if it's because it's beginning to look alot like Christmas, or because we are in the process of transitioning from one "world age" into another, but I am so grateful for whatever is happening. I am feeling a tremendous flow of grace and energy as a new doorway to the world opens.
Prepare your Body, Mind & Spirit for a Radical Shift
Marvelous Yoga/Meditation session - this weekend I combined these two practices in the comfort of my own home rather than running to do a class session. 
No matter how long it's been since my last practice, a simple Yoga and meditation session helps me to manage my own stress and confront life's pressures in a more positive way. It replenishes me and repairs my energy on every level. #namaste
Marvelous Music - lately, I've been listening to some incredible female artists. Listening to these ladies makes me feel like I can conquer the world!
A Fine Frenzy, Florence + The Machine, Kina Grannis,
Schuyler Fisk, and Taylor Swift
Marvelous ME - Yup, that's right. Why the heck not?! That's how I'm feeling about myself so why not express it? I feel good, I feel balanced, my energy level is good, my mood is uplifted, and my relationship with myself is going right in the direction where I want it to be.
You are enough!
More Marvelous-ness: 25 Days of Blogging Christmas Challenge

The creator behind this blogging challenge, miss Jenny, actually lives in Newton, Conneticut, just 2 minutes away from Sandy Hook Elementary School. Please take a moment to visit Jenny's page where she expresses her feelings about this tragic event and provides a link to a donation page for those who are interested in lending support.
My Favorite Christmas Book: since I was a wee little gal, I've loved the story T'was the Night Before Christmas . . . When all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse....
Real or Artificial Tree: Artificial. I wouldn't feel right having a real tree in my little apartment.
Standing just 4 feet tall, it may not be the biggest or the brightest...
but it's ours and we love it! 
Did you know...Long before the advent of Christianity, plants and trees that remained green all year had a special meaning for people in the winter. Just as people today decorate their homes with pine, spruce, and fir trees, people used to hang evergreens over their doors and windows because, in many countries it was believed that evergreens would keep away witches, ghosts, evil spirits, and illness.

Best Gift You've Given: I don't know what the best gift I've given has been. I love the idea of baking Christmas treats, and wrapping them up for others to enjoy.
Christmas Baking Recipe Round-up for Chocolate Lovers:
-Homemade Chocolate Bars with Almonds
-Raspberry Belgium Chocolates
-Raw Chocolate Nut Fudge with Sweet Strawberry Topping
-Chocolate Truffles
-Truffle Wrapped Cherries, Cream Cheese Brandy Cherry Balls, Magic Chocolate Balls + more
-Chocolate Almond Butter Cups with Raspberries, Roasted Almonds & Sea Salt
-Raw Chocolate Fudge
-Healthy Bites Smart Snickers, Vegan Marshmallow Bites, or Cherry Delights
*I made the Cherry Delights and added a little cocoa. Then I made them again with mini chocolate chips. YUM!

Other fun Christmas recipes I've found:
-Christmas Cake Pops
-Whole New Mom's 30 Healthy Christmas Cookie Recipes Round-up
-Cravings of a Lunatic Recipe Round-up: pies, pastries, cookies, bars and more
-Chocolate Covered Katie: pretty much any of Katie's recipes will do!
-the Better Mom's 20 Healthy Christmas Cookie Recipe Round-up

Hardest Person(s) to Buy For: My sisters.
 #truth
Post a Picture of an old Christmas Card: I don't have any vintage Christmas cards but here's a few nice ones that I found online...
...as I finish writing this marvelous post, I'm ready to hit Publish. First, I glance at my Christmas Countdown 2012 Clock, and I notice that there's officially 7 days, 16 hours, 12 minutes, 10, 9, 8, 7 seconds...and the countdown continues...until Christmas! Yippee!

Have a marvelous Monday everyone!

10 comments:

  1. Can I just tell you how much I LOVE that you included yourself into your MIMM post... and that it's SO true <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the longest time, I wouldn't dare love myself. Sad but true. I've broken away from so many of my self-judgements and have finally begun to love and accept myself. #2012 #believeit It makes a world of a difference. Love you Jessie girl xo

      Delete
  2. Oh Maria I love this! So much marvelousness, and so much shameless self-love! You are such an example! I love all the Christmas love too!
    Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful week xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the lovely comment Sloane! It took me a little while to find my voice on here - but with so many of you inspiring me (yourself included), I feel like I'm finally beginning to thrive.

      Love and peace for the glorious week ahead of you too! xo

      Delete
  3. You have LOTS of marvelous and I love it all!

    We saw The Hobbit too, loved it! I thought it was a great movie!

    Happy week to you love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the love Katie! I want to see The Hobbit again actually! Have a lovely week xo

      Delete
  4. Hi! New follower : ). I am so glad to see Taylor Swift on that list of the music you are currently listening to! Isn't Red a great album? I LOVE it and her! That Greek food looks and sounds delicious, I have never had Greek food! And I am excited about seeing The Hobbit, my husband is obsessed with the Lord of the Rings trilogy, he even has a tattoo of the One Ring inscription!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Whitney! Thanks for following - and right back at ya hun! I love everything about Red - and Taylor is just perfect! So happy you're a fan :D knowing that makes me smile :)

      Greek food is delicious btw - definitely try some if you have a chance - must be authentic though. Baklava is pretty sweet too! Mmm :)

      That's a cute tidbit about your hubs btw - with the LOTR tattoo - #diehard I understand the love though! I think I was an elf once :P

      Delete
  5. Girl, this is such a great one - you are def marvelous :)

    And I caught the hobbit as well, and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that Shreya! you're quite marvelous yourself! <3
      I am really lovin all this Hobbit love btw :D xo

      Delete